Now for the fun stuff. I wanted to share, without crossing proprietary boundaries, some little tid bits I've already picked up & am thinking about or changing in myself:
Wash Your Face (well) Just At Night: this was a big one for me! For years I have been told it's best to wash your face twice a day. Well, after learning just a little about the skin & it's function, I realized & was advised by my instructor that it's best to wash off the dirt at night. To create balance in my skin (being fairly normal to dry), my NIGHTIME regime should be:
- cleanse with luke warm water,
- gently exfoliate w/ a wash cloth (best thing to get ALL the makeup off)
- moisturize
For my MORNING regime, after your skin has renewed itself after sleep & not collected more dirt, I only need to:
- rinse with cool water,
- pat dry,
- apply a gentle toner &
- spf/face moisturizer.
The difference here is I will not strip my skin of it's natural oils that help keep the skin balanced, moisturized & dewy (healthy glow from the sebum that it secretes). Also, exfoliating (like at home microdermabrasion) only needs to be done 1 -2 times a month. You can be exfoliating gently the first layer of skin, the squamous (or dead) layer, with wash cloth each night.
Estheticians Are Not Massage Therapists: kind of a given, right? Well, I guess it's tempting for clients, especially those getting body treatments, to ask for a "deeper" massage during the facial or other service. I've decided that I won't just say, "No, that's not in my scope of work...". Instead, that I will remind the client what I AM there to do - to relax them & stimulate their skin.

1 comment:
Great job for completing your first week at school! It's crazy to think you're just down the street from me. You're in my prayers for daily strength. You are gonna be great! :) I'll stop by here regularly to catch up on your progress.
Love you!
Post a Comment