Ha ha! I know, it's only the second day.
Our instructor went over the policies & procedures for Euro students. This included the required hours by the state - hence the clocking in & out being a legal document, the points system & requirements to graduate, professionalism (constantly graded)...
And that brings me to what I wanted to briefly share today.
As I was sitting in class & listening to the expectations for a student, I realized I need to make some mental adjustments while in school. My naturally goofy, loud laughing, gregarious self will have to change what & when something is acceptable.
There's a definite need for heightened awareness of
- who is speaking,
- what is being discussed,
- when I should share with others on the floor or in class
- when to be a leader & when to let others find their way
- how I am carrying myself
- what needs to get done & how I can help and
- the appropriate times to laugh & have fun with classmates vs. be serious & focus
Not rocket science, I know. However, it will be a big mental shift. I want to be an excellent example of the quality student that comes from the Euro.
I think I'll have to write a prayer to put in my notebook to center my thoughts on what matters most - the Lord, others first & then my purpose & needs.

1 comment:
Hey my dear friend! How are ya?! I'm so excited for you! I'm also happy to see you starting a blog. :)
I'll be checking back on your progress. I'm just so happy to see you're happy and doing well.
love heidi
Post a Comment