Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Purpose & Decision

The newest most exciting thing I have to share with everyone in my life lately is that I've been preparing to go back to school to become an Esthetician.

In June 2007, my life came to a crossroad caused by severe stress & the loss of my job. Ironically, I was glad to have lost my job. I was more than ready to stop the stressful, daily cycle of commuting long hours & working a less than dynamic accounting job. I saw it as a great opportunity to be still and to ask God to remind me what I'm most purposed to do at this point in my life. I was ready to move on, branch out, try something new & dream big.

As usual, the Lord didn't disappoint. He always rocks my world & brings comfort when I trust him to lead the way. He reminded me of quite a few things:
  • how I enjoy doing makeup for my friends,
  • how I enjoy making women feel & look their best,
  • how I am a contagious leader, when I am excited about something I share it with anyone who will listen,
  • how I am empathetic & genuinely interested in people's lives,
  • how I have gained in wisdom about balance & boundaries
  • how you attract who you are & I tend to attract friends who are in the arts, healing, cosmetology, spiritual fields
  • how I am energized by working with people & not behind a computer 40 hrs a week
  • how accounting was not my future, but served beautifully as a bridge to bring me back from San Diego to the NW & bring stability to my finances while I help invest in my community
  • how a career in the esthetics field could marry many of my greatest strengths & passions into one, working less hours in a relaxing environment making what I make currently if not more. :)

BRILLIANT!!!

The biggest discovery has been realizing my current purpose. It came to me clearly after thinking about my journey to date. I was able to come up with a simple purpose statement that captures my passion: I exist to help people know they are uniquely & innately beautiful.

So, I went about sharing with my closest friends & family what I'd discovered. Everyone I spoke to, especially those that know me the best said, "PERFECT!" After a some researching on the best esthetician schools in my area, I came upon The Euro Institute in Renton as the most highly recommended & professional experience.

That was it! I am going to be a student at the Euro Institute. I have to work full time & go to school in the evenings. So, I've applied, been accepted & waited to be a part of the Accelerated Summer Program. It's a nine month program, class schedule consisting of Tues-Thur each week & 3 Saturdays a month.

I start May 6, 2008.

No comments: